Otorhinolaryngology (ear, nose and throat or ENT) is a medical and surgical specialty that focuses on head and neck diseases and disorders.
The most common ailments include:
- NOSE: Loss of smell and nosebleeds, Deviated septum, Acute and chronic sinusitis, Turbinate hypertrophy
- THROAT: Tonsillitis, Adenoiditis or adenoidal hypertrophy, Vocal disease, Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Upper respiratory disease, Halitosis
- EAR: Acute and chronic otitis, Rupture of the tympanic membrane, Decrease or loss of hearing
Common procedures performed at Almater Hospital:
- Cochlear Implant
- Ventilation Tube Insertion
- Direct and Indirect Laryngoscopy
- Cricothyroid Surgery
- Laryngeal Microsurgery
- Ear Microsurgery
Mayo’s otorhinolaryngologists work closely with other specialists to provide coordinated, comprehensive care for patients. They work particularly closely with specialists in Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Neurosurgery, Pulmonary Medicine and Oncology. Pediatric care is available at Almater Hospital.