As one of the first blood centers in the country, the Almater Blood Bank provides blood and blood products to people throughout Mexicali. The Almater Blood Bank is committed to providing premier service to volunteer blood donors and access to a safe, quality blood supply for hospitals and patients.
- 24 hour service, 365 days a year
- Fully Equipped
- Quality control according to international standards
- Apheresis Machine
Our staff is certified by the National Center for Blood Transfusion and supervised and advised by a hematologist certified by the Mexican Council of Hematology.
Every two seconds, someone, somewhere needs blood. Just one blood donation can impact the lives of up to three different hospital patients. At Almater Blood Bank, we strive to help people every day; and in order to do that, we need blood donors every day. We need neighbors helping neighbors – people who want to make an impact on a local level. Because at the end of the day, it’s about achievement, it’s about service and helping our communities. To donate blood, please follow the guidelines below:
You May Be Eligible to Donate if You:
- Are in general good health.
- Are 16 years of age or under the age of 65.
Individuals under the age of 18 must provide a signed parental/guardian permission form.
- Weigh at least 120 pounds.
- Have not made a whole blood donation in the past eight weeks (56 days).
- Have not made a double red cell donation in the past sixteen weeks (112 days).
- Have normal blood pressure, pulse, temperature and hemoglobin screenings.
- Are not pregnant.
- Do not have a cold.
- Are not under a doctor’s care for any serious illness or injury.