We strive to ensure a safe and secure environment and encourage our patients to take an active role in their care. Our healthcare team will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, explain your treatment plan and keep you informed.
If English or Spanish are not your primary languages, we have interpreters of many other languages who we can contact to be of assistance.
You Are Your Best Advocate –
Ask Questions & Speak Your Mind
- Actively participate in decisions about your treatment
- Ask questions about your care and treatment
- Ask questions about your discharge instructions
- Tell us if you do not understand something
- Ask for an interpreter if you do not understand English or Spanish
Keep Your Healthcare Team Informed
- Share your detailed medical history with your healthcare team
- Tell us about any medical problems and/or prior surgeries
- Tell us if you have any allergies, particularly to medications and/or foods
Know Your Medications
During your stay at Almater Hospital, ask about all medications that are given to you and why they have been prescribed. It is important to remember to take home your written medication instructions once you are discharged from the hospital.
Your ID Will Be Checked – Frequently
You are required to wear your hospital identification (ID) band at all times during your hospital stay. Our healthcare staff will review the information on your ID band prior to dispensing any medications to you, prior to any tests, procedures and X-rays, as well as when serving you meals in your room. If your ID band comes off or is unreadable, please ask one of our staff members and it will be replaced promptly.
Help Us Keep You Safe By Preventing Falls
For your safety and protection, we strive to prevent falls during your hospital stay. This includes placing your nurse call button within reach, helping you to get out of bed, assisting you with getting to and from the bathroom, and encouraging you to walk with assistance through the hospital. Extra precautions will be taken if it is determined that you are at risk for falling. You can help prevent falls by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Call a nurse or other healthcare team member for assistance getting out of bed or a chair
- Keep your call button close to you and let us know if you cannot reach it
- Wear your hospital-provided, anti-skid socks or shoes when walking around
- Make sure the brakes are locked before getting in or out of a wheelchair
- If you wear eyeglasses, make sure you have them on before getting out of bed
- Follow the healthcare staff’s instructions to prevent falls
- Do not be ashamed to ask for assistance. We are here to help you!
Prevent the Spread of Infections & Diseases
Preventing infections is one of the most important goals of any hospital. While not every infection is preventable, you can help us decrease the risk by taking certain precautions.
One of the best ways to prevent the spread of infections is by practicing hand hygiene. Our healthcare staff is required to clean their hands before and after providing care to each patient. We encourage all of our patients to practice hand hygiene as well, by cleaning their hands with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Sanitizer dispensers and bottles are readily available throughout the hospital.
No Smoking Policy
Almater Hospital is proud to be a completely smoke-free facility. Smoking is not prohibited inside the hospital or anywhere on hospital grounds.
Your Safety – Certified
Almater Hospital is one of 92 healthcare centers to receive a certificate from the Federal Health Sector of the Mexican government, for complying with international standards regarding quality and patient safety.
Click here to learn more about the individual certifications.Back to Patient Guide