When visiting Almater Hospital, we want you to know exactly what to expect. This is why we’ve taken the time to compile a handy checklist of items to make sure you bring with you on your medical vacation.
- Complete list of all your current prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Reports from your doctor
- Medical insurance information, including insurance cards, pre-certification and other documentation required by your insurance provider
- Completed pre-registration forms if needed
- Government-issued passport*
- Contact information, including phone numbers of immediate family members to have on file
* Your passport is essential if you are traveling from another country. Even if you are just crossing the border for a day for a consultation or exam, you MUST bring your passport. Your passport must also be valid up to 6 months prior to your visit.
For Your Comfort
- Toiletries, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, brush/comb, shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion and other personal hygiene products
- Bathrobe, pajamas, socks and slippers
- Books, magazines and/or journal
- Reading glasses
What to Leave at Home
- Expensive clothing
If you choose to bring valuables with you to the hospital, please register each item with the Cashier upon your arrival. Your items will be placed in a security vault and you can have access to them whenever you like.
We recommend leaving personal electronics, including laptops, tablets, MP3 players and/or smart phones at home, but understand that when you leave for an extended period of time you need to have access to email and phones. We can also place these in a security vault for your convenience.